Sunday 22 October 2017
Table of start time options:
NOTE: All starting time options (except 10km) are limited to 25 entrants. To avoid missing out on your preferred start time, please enter early.
|Cut-offs:||Do apply (refer to individual events)|
|Start location:||Apex Park Wangaratta|
|Finish time:||All entrants aiming for 12:00pm (except 10km runners)
10km entrants from 9:30am.
|Finish location:||Apex Park Wangaratta|
|Presentations:||100km/50km run, Marathon/HM run, 100km/50km bicycle events & relay (team numbers dependant) – from 4:30pm at the Town and Country Tavern
Buffet dinner starts at 4:00pm at the Town and Country Tavern, Mason Street, Wangaratta. Details HERE. Dinner ticket included in entry fee for all events except 10km.10km run – 10:30pm at Apex Park.
10km entrants are encouraged to purchase a dinner ticket and come along to the presentations and dinner as detailed above.
|Arrests:||All 100km and 50km Cyclist Troopers will be given an arrest warrant for one of the 100km or 50km Solo Runners.
When the Trooper catches their nominated runner they are to arrest them by handing over a green rubber wristband.
Troopers must be courteous and not disruptive to the runner when they catch them. Runners are NOT required to stop. Runners continue to the finish of their event, dropping their wristband into a box at the finish line.
The Trooper may accompany the runner to the finish if desired AND if the runner would appreciate the support.
- The course (or parts of for shorter events) is the Murray to Mountains bitumen sealed cycling path (also known as the “Rail Trail”)
from Wangaratta to Everton. The path is 2m+ wide, with very little camber and plenty of spots with good shade, trees and scenery generally.
- Entrants then return to the start to complete the first half of the course.
- The second half is the cycle paths through the city along the Ovens River and One Mile Creek and then continuing on cycle paths to Oxley / Milawa.
- Entrants then return to the start to complete the second half of the course.
Interactive Course Map:
The course has been measured and certified to the AIMS / IAAF standard by Geoff Hook (official Melbourne Marathon course measurer and certified “B” Grade). This includes accurate measures of each 25km section.
In total there’s less than 300m aggregate climb / decent in the 100km course. This course is absolutely designed to allow you to target PB’s and National Records.
The 50km course has less than 100m aggregate climb / decent.
Aid Stations and checkpoints:
Aid stations will be provided at the locations detailed below and will include basic food and drink supplies for entrants.
- 0.0km – Start at Apex Park Wangaratta
- 6.3km – Bowser Station (M2M Rail trail), self serve with roving attendant
- 13.3km – Petticoat Lane crossing, self serve with roving attendant
- 20.0km – Tarrawingee Station (M2M Rail Trail), self serve with roving attendant
- 25.0km – Wangaratta side of White Post Road Rail Trail crossing,
- CHECKPOINT 1 & relay change-over, opens at 12:30am
- Vehicles required to park at Everton Station (M2M Rail Trail)
- 30.0km – Tarrawingee Station (M2M Rail Trail), closes 8:30am
- 36.7km – Petticoat Lane crossing, closes 8:50am
- 43.7km – Bowser Station (M2M Rail trail), closes 9:10am
- 50.0km – Apex Park Wangaratta
- CHECKPOINT 2 & relay change-over
- Cut-off time in any running event is 8:00am
- Cut-off time in any bicycle event is 9:30am
- 55.0km – Appin Street carpark adjacent to One Mile Creek path, opens at 4:30am
- 60.0km – Rattray Avenue near bridge over creek, opens at 5:00am
- 65.0km – Wangaratta Whitfield Road at cycle path crossing point, opens at 5:30am
- 70.0km – Wangaratta Whitfield Road at cycle path crossing point, opens at 6:15am
- 75.0km – Cycle path on Snow Road between Woodburys Lane and Milawa, opens at 7:00am
- CHECKPOINT 3 & relay change-over
- If entrants arrive before 7:00am they will have to wait, or will not be classified
- Cut-off time in any running event is 10:30am
- Cut-off time in any bicycle event is 11:00am
- 80.0km – Wangaratta Whitfield Road at cycle path crossing point
- 85.0km – Wangaratta Whitfield Road at cycle path crossing point
- 90.0km – Rattray Avenue near bridge over creek
- 95.0km – Appin Street carpark adjacent to One Mile Creek path
- 97.5km – College St near Scout Hall, also serves 10km entrants twice
- 100.0km – Finish at Apex Park Wangaratta.
Aid stations will have sports drink, water, lollies (including caramel jerseys), a selection of cakes, biscuits, corn chips, apples, banana’s, jam sandwiches, and coke in the last 25km.
Toilets are located at the following places on the course:
- 0.0km Start at Apex Park,
- 6.3km – Bowser Station (M2M Rail trail),
- 20.0km – Tarrawingee Station (M2M Rail Trail),
- 30.0km – Tarrawingee Station (M2M Rail Trail),
- 43.7km – Bowser Station (M2M Rail trail),
- 50.0km – Apex Park Wangaratta,
- 58.0km – Bachelors Green Wangaratta,
- 59.2km – Scout Park Vincent Road Wangaratta,
- 72.2km – Oxley (opposite side of road),
- 77.8km – Oxley (opposite side of road),
- 90.8km – Scout Park Vincent Road Wangaratta,
- 92.0km – Bachelors Green Wangaratta,
- 100.0km – Apex Park Wangaratta.
On Saturday afternoon between 4pm and 6pm you will be able to drop off any specific aid station supplies at the start / finish area at Apex Park. Drop bags must be:
- Tied or sealed well,
- Marked with name & event bib number,
- Marked with aid station required at (from details on the specific “event” page)
It would be appreciated if you could pre-advise us if you are going to have drop bags.
Drop bags cannot be delivered on the day of the event due to the staggered start times and attendants being out on course very early. However, entrants may make their own arrangements and with plenty of crews, relay teams and bicycle chase entrants about it might be possible to find someone to do a drop for you.
Cut-offs will apply and will be enforced. Cut-offs are geared to allow faster runners through, and if slower runners do not meet the first of the times below, they will NOT catch-up, and will be required to stop. A vehicle will be available at these points at the times specified to transport non-finishers to Wangaratta.
Specific cut-off times are details on each event page where applicable.
Any entrants, whether solo runners, relay teams or solo cyclists that finish prior to 10:00am will be ineligible for prizes. Also, aid stations will not be set-up in time to cater for entrants that are likely to finish excessively early. Refer to the section details for aid station “opening” times.
The bicycle chases are not races. There are no prizes for finishing fast or first. Any entrant in this event that finishes before 10:00am will not be eligible for a finishers medal or for the Top Trooper and Deputy Trooper draw.
There is virtually no lighting on the course. Entrants starting early will require a head lamp or similar. Sunrise is about 6:15am, however the course should generally be light enough for most by 5:30am. The rules page provides additional details.
Cups will be available at all aid stations. Self-service for the first three aid stations until 3:00am for early starters.
Personal Music devices:
Personal music devices are allowed in this event with some conditions:
- They must not be audible to other entrants and users of the course,
- They must not be used at the crossing of major roads (Alpine Highway, Detour Road, Eldorado Road, Beechworth Road, Cribbes Road, Whitfield Road [3 places], Snow Road [2 places].
Presentations will be held from 4:30pm at the Town and Country Tavern (Mason Street) with an early buffet dinner (three courses of choices and including gluten free, dairy free and vegetarian) and celebration from 4:00pm. A ticket to this function is included in the entry fee for each person in each event except the 10km fun run. Additional tickets are available when you enter. More details of the dinner available here.
10km presentations are at 10:30am, with finishers then encouraged to relax in the park with family and friends. 10km entrants are encouraged to purchase dinner tickets as part of their entry.
The greatest prize is the successful completion of the event. However, there will be prizes for those that post the fastest outright times.
Full prize details, including those for the 10km event are listed on the prizes page.