42.2km SOLO RUN (Marathon)
A picturesque, flat course consisting entirely of bitumen sealed cycling path with just a few sections of concrete footpath (not more than 2km in total). The course starts and finishes at Apex Park Wangaratta and consists of a 42.2km out and back loop on the Ovens River, One Mile Creek and Milawa / Oxley Rail Trail.
The marathon course has been measured using the IAAF / AIMS process, but is not certified.
|Start time:||Between 5:00am and 8:00am (choose start time in entry form, aim to finish near 12:00pm).|
|Presentations:||Commence about 4:30pm at the presentation and dinner (dinner commences at 4:00pm).|
|On day entry:||No. The latest entries will be accepted is Saturday between 4:00pm and 6:00pm. Refer entry page for details.|
- Entrants start at Apex Park, Wangaratta on the South side of the second column from the South Eastern corner of the market pavilion.
- Entrants continue along the Ovens River cycle path to College Street.
- Entrants cross College Street and Park Lane remaining on the cycling path and continue along the North side of College Street.
- Entrants cross Phillipson St when the bitumen path ends and continue along the College Street footpath on the North side of the road until the end of College Street where they merge back into a bitumen cycle path.
- Entrants follow the path West until they cross over the footbridge attached to the road bridge near the golf course and immediately turn 180 degrees and head back under the bridge they just crossed.
- Entrants now follow the One Mile Creek bicycle path as defined all the way to its termination point at Cribbes Road.
- Entrants (runners and walkers) cross Cribbes Road and turn left onto the footpath on the South of Cribbes road. They follow this until it meets a bitumen cycle path near the intersection of Cribbes Road and Murdoch Road.
- Entrants turn right onto this cycle path and follow it as defined all the way out to and past the big roundabout until they come to a single point turn around cone prior to Oxley which is exactly 21.1km.
- Entrants return to the start / finish line by exactly the same course (ie out and back).
Interactive Course Map: http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/fullscreen/903826585/
And click for a look at the 100 Faces of the Ned Kelly Chase