50km SOLO RUN
A picturesque, flat course consisting entirely of bitumen sealed cycling path with just a few sections of concrete footpath (not more than 2km in total). The course starts and finishes at Apex Park Wangaratta and consists of a 50km out and back loop on the Ovens River, One Mile Creek and Milawa / Oxley Rail Trail.
The event is an IAAF / AIMS certified accurate 50km, and includes accurate 25km splits. This event is also Internationally labeled and Australian Ultra Runners Association sanctioned.
|Start time:||Between 4:30am and 8:00am (choose start time in entry form, aim to finish near 12:00pm)|
|Presentations:||Commence at 4:30pm at the presentation and dinner (dinner commences at 4:00pm)|
|On day entry:||No. The latest entries will be accepted is Saturday between 4:00pm and 6:00pm. Refer entry page for details.|
|Aid Stations:||The distances below also serve as the second half of the 100km events. Hence entrants in 100km events will have completed 50km more than shown below.
- Entrants start at Apex Park, Wangaratta on the South side of the second column from the South Eastern corner of the market pavilion.
- Entrants continue along the Ovens River cycle path to College Street.
- Entrants cross College Street and Park Lane remaining on the cycling path and continue along the North side of College Street.
- Entrants cross Phillipson St when the bitumen path ends and continue along the College Street footpath on the North side of the road until the end of College Street where they merge back into a bitumen cycle path.
- Entrants follow the path West until they cross over the footbridge attached to the road bridge near the golf course and immediately turn 180 degrees and head back under the bridge they just crossed.
- Entrants now follow the One Mile Creek bicycle path as defined all the way to its termination point at Cribbes Road.
- Entrants (runners and walkers) cross Cribbes Road and turn left onto the footpath on the South of Cribbes road. They follow this until it meets a bitumen cycle path near the intersection of Cribbes Road and Murdoch Road.
- Cyclists turn left onto Cribbes Rd itself and continue to the traffic island near the end of Cribbes Rd where they then turn right and onto the bitumen sealed path.
- Entrants turn right onto this cycle path and follow it as defined all the way out to and through Oxley until the come to a single point turn around cone just past Woodbury's Lane which is exactly 75km.
- Entrants return to the start / finish line by exactly the same course (ie out and back).
Interactive Course Map: http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/fullscreen/364906427/
And click for a look at the 100 Faces of the Ned Kelly Chase